Adam and I move out to the Berkshires in Massachusetts every summer while he plays with the Boston Symphony Orchestra at Tanglewood. We're not quite locals, but we've been summer residents for over 10 years. Each year when we make the move from Boston we're eager to see which businesses survived the off-season and what's new in the Berkshires.
The Kemble Inn isn't new, but their cocktails and small-bites on the lawn are. A friend of mine who lives in Lenox year round told me that I should check it out and so I did. Four times!
5 Reasons Why I Love the Lawn at the Kemble Inn
- The Kemble Inn is tucked away from town so it's a wonderful respite from the crowds in Lenox.
- It's the only place open between lunch and dinner in Lenox and you can always get a seat.
- The view is beautiful and it's a nice place to watch the sunset.
- They serve tasty, cold cocktails!
- It's the perfect pre-dinner spot for drinks and small bites before heading out for a night on the town.
Always check the weather as the lawn is only open weather permitting. It's also a good idea to call and confirm that the Inn is open and serving on the lawn. It's the Berkshires, so you never know!
The Kemble Inn
2 Kemble Street
Lenox, MA 01240
Walk-in only 11:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. / Seven days a week* (call ahead just in case)